The Click Chick
A lot of mom's are waiting for that perfect image. Where their child is perfectly dressed, smiling sweetly, sitting in the perfect location (clean house), great lighting, etc. Oh and did I mention they have a two and a three year old?
Well, this in turn never happens. So they have very few images of their beautiful children.
Children 99.9% of their lives just want to be kids. They want to have fun. So being your model for your perfect image on your wall is not on their list of things to do.
However, if you see the beauty in their everyday life, you can find some really fun and beautiful images.
Take for example, this image. Not award winning by any means, but it is my son doing what he loves to do. He so enjoys gymnastics. The trampoline is his favorite. So when you take those images of your child, here are some tips.
Lifestyle images should have:
- Cool angles
- Different perspectives (get high and low)
- Follow them for the whole day
- Stay back for a while and let them play (zoom in)
- Slowly come closer
Formal portraits have a place, but fun, introspective images also do. And the best part? The kids get to continue doing what they love to do! So they don't think it is a chore.
Some ideas to get you started:
- Your kids very early in the morning while they are still sleeping
- Kids at play
- Dinner time
- Outside activities
- Little moments you never think of (crossed feet under table, prayers at night, morning routine, etc)