|South Library: Toddler Time|
Mon May 01 @09:15AM - 11:00PM
|Explore Abilities Day at Children's Museum of Houston|
Mon May 01 @10:00AM -
|Miss Sam's Storytime at Barnes and Noble|
Mon May 01 @11:00AM - 12:00PM
|Mitchell Library: Family Storytime|
Tue May 02 @10:00AM - 11:30AM
|Pottery Barn Kids Book Club|
Tue May 02 @11:00AM - 11:30AM
|Spring BreaKation at The Woodlands Children's Museum|
Spend spring break at The Woodlands Children’s Museum and make the most of the time away from school at a place dedicated to creative play.
There are a number of fun workshops scheduled for Monday, March 13, through Friday, March 17.
Discovery Workshops are offered for 4-year-olds. Each day, children may explore a new topic and enjoy hands-on activities. The workshops are scheduled for 9 a.m.to noon.
• Hats Off to Dr. Seuss – On Monday, March 13, children will celebrate the magical imagination of this favorite author and artist.
• To Infinity and Beyond – On Tuesday, March 14, amateur astronomers will travel the depths of space while they discover fun facts about the solar system and create their own jet packs.
• Crazy About Critters – Wednesday, March 15, is all about furry, feathered and scaly animal friends.
• A Box of Ideas – On Thursday, March 16, children will find endless creative ideas that pair with a simple cardboard box.
Creative Workshops are designed to trigger the imaginations of children 5 to 8 years old. Classes meet Monday through Friday. Children may sign up for the “Lunch Bunch” to stay for both sessions.
• Artrageous Workshop – Children will explore various media, including watercolor, acrylic painting, printmaking and clay. Workshops are available from 9 a.m. to noon or from 1 to 4 p.m.
• Got Science? – A diverse curriculum of chemistry, engineering, rocket science and biology will intrigue young minds. The workshop is slated for 9 a.m.
The museum also is hosting a number of fun events throughout the week:
• Watch a glowing puppet show about friendship skills and bullying during the Friendship Blacklight Puppet Show at 10:30 a.m., noon and 2 p.m. on Monday, March 13.
• Catch a magic show with Scott Hollingsworth at 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m. or 2 p.m. on Tuesday, March 14.
• Celebrate Safety Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesday, March 14. Visitors will meet law enforcement officers, fire fighters and Emergency Medical Services members from the community – and learn important safety tips of all kinds.
• Watch Sonny “the Birdman” Carlin entertain with his colorful exotic bird performance at 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. or 2 p.m. on Wednesday, March 15.
• Enjoy the Ms. Monkey’s Emporium Show – and interact with child-friendly monkeys – at 11a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. on Thursday, March 16.
• Gather with all the Irish-at-heart to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, during museum hours on Friday, March 17.
To learn more about the workshops, including times, dates and costs, visit woodlandschildrensmuseum.org to download a brochure or call 281-465-0955 for more information.