Action-packed adventure is taking over this Spring Break at the Children’s Museum of Houston. America’s No. 1 children’s museum will have you on the edge of your seat with gravity-defying entertainment, special appearances and interactive activities during Xtreme Spring Break, March 10 – 19, 2017. Embrace your wild side at Houston’s top spring break family destination and explore three, all-new Xtreme Zones!
· Let loose during our first Spring Break After Dark DJ dance party just for kids, March 10.
· Experience jaw dropping thrills with our Xtreme BMX Block Party on March 11!
· Spin out of control in any of our Human Hamster Balls.
· Unleash your inner ninja during our American Ninja Warrior-inspired shows with Warrior veteran Sam Sann, rising star Daniel Gil and more Ninja Warriors!
· Let things get thrown out of proportion during our annual Shaving Cream Pi(e) Fight on Pi Day, March 14th!
· For the first 100-kid Museum Members: Embrace your zany side with a different giveaway every day!
EXPERIENCE ALL-NEW XTREME ZONES!
XTREME ZONE 1:
- American Ninja Warrior-Inspired Shows: Check out how we’re redefining the spirit of competition led by American Ninja Warrior contestant Sam Sann, rising star Daniel Gil or his Ninja Warrior team (check times online).
- Colossal Bowling: See how many spares you can score during our gargantuan bowling bonanza, from 4 to 6 p.m. every day.
- Human Hamster Balls: Be on a roll in larger-than-life human hamster balls, all day every day.
XTREME ZONE 2:
- Sticky Ball Arena: Come play the game as seen on Jimmy Fallon! Don a Velcro® jacket and work with a team to cover the other team in as many sticky balls as possible, all day every day.
- Imagination Playground: Get creative and turn your imagination into reality. Build new worlds using fun foam blocks to unleash unlimited potential, all day every day!
XTREME ZONE 3:
- Drone Zone: Think you got what it takes to get in the drone zone? Take flight and maneuver your way around using extreme drones, all day every day.
- Xtreme Gaming – Put your Xtreme Spring Break experience to the test as you engage with others for digital games and alternate realities, all day every day.
EXPERIENCE EXHILIRATING EVENTS AND EXCITING ENTERTAINMENT!
AFTER DARK DJ DANCE PARTY, March 10, from 5 to 8 p.m.
Don’t delay! Party right after school’s out in our first ever Spring Break After Dark DJ dance party, complete with Pikachu and the Museum’s Telephone Man and Moe Monster.
XTREME BMX BLOCK PARTY, March 11, beginning at 11 a.m. (check times online).
Hold on to your helmets for gravity-defying tricks and flips and action-packed BMX stunt shows.
PALPITATIONS DOUBLE DUTCH, March 11, at 3 p.m.
Hearts will skip a beat! Watch an unbelievable rope-skipping, fast-jumping, enthralling performance.
JIM MCKENZIE’S BALANCING ACT, March 12, at 3 p.m.
Catch a riveting act as our performer juggles with crowd-pleasing balance and unexpected poise.
DISC-FUNCTIONAL K-9 SHOW, March 13, at 3 p.m.
Em-"bark" on a tail-waggin' good time! Four-legged pals will raise the woof and bust doggie moves.
13th ANNUAL PI DAY, March 14, All Day (Check times online).
March 14 is π (Pi) Day and it’s also Albert Einstein’s birthday! You’re invited to celebrate the infinite, non-repeating number 3.14159… with the following events:
- Xtreme Cold Shows: Let’s freeze and break stuff using Liquid Nitrogen, beginning at 11 a.m.
- Einstein Appearance: Wish Albert Einstein a happy birthday, beginning at 11 a.m.
- SHAVING CREAM PI(E) FIGHT: Have a piece of π! Watch as shut down our street to duke it out in an amazingly messy, Pi(e)-induced frenzy during our 8th Annual Shaving Cream Pi(e) Fight, at 1:59 p.m. (1.59 because the numbers follow 3.14159).
- Break Free Hip-Hop School: Talented kids will do 360s with their breakdancing skills at 3 p.m.
- Pudding Pies: Make yummy portable pudding pies all day (while supplies last).
- Pie in Your Face: Take a chance and play a hilarious pie in the face game, beginning at 3:30 p.m.
MAGICIAN JAIME SALINAS, March 15, at 3 p.m.
You won’t believe your eyes as award-winning magician Jamie Salinas performs mind-boggling surprises.
BRAZILIAN ARTS FOUNDATION CAPOEIRA, March 16, at 3 p.m.
Move to the beat of Brazilian drums and explore its lively culture through an interactive performance.
KIM’S SCHOOL OF TAEKWONDO, March 16 at 6 p.m. during Free Family Night Thursday
Catch an action-packed performance that includes high kicks and explosive movements.
McTEGGART IRISH DANCERS, March 17 at 3 p.m.
Channel the spirit of St. Patrick in a riveting and engaging, toe-tapping performance.
BOUNCING BEN, March 18 at 3 p.m.
Enjoy the Xtreme tricks of cirque performer Ben K as he dazzles with his daring and awe-inspiring stunts.
HUSTLETOWN HOOPERS LED HOOLA HOOPS, March 19 at 3 p.m.
Become mesmerized by the spinning motion of brightly lid hoola hoops.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.